The Brandywine Center for Autism is actively seeking a Direct ABA Therapy Provider to join our team in Delaware.
Job Title: Direct ABA Therapy Provider
Job Type: Contract with opportunity to convert to full time position
Location: Wilmington, DE and Milford, DE
Post Date: 09/11/17
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Direct ABA Therapy provider is responsible for providing 1:1 interventions to children with autism and other developmental disabilities to help increase their academic, social and communication skills while also decreasing challenging behaviors.
He/she implement programs based on all principles of Applied Behavior Analysis including but not limited to Verbal Behavior, Discrete Trial Programming, Natural Environment Therapy and Social Skills Training.
Key responsibilities include data collection, training and collaboration with other team members as well as graphing data and writing session notes.
- Registered Behavior Technician certification is highly preferred but not required
- Minimum of High School Diploma is required with experience in the field of special education, counseling or work with children on the autism spectrum or other developmental disabilities
- Candidates pursing degrees in Education, Human Service Field or Psychology are strongly encouraged to apply
- Must be energetic, animated, and outgoing, with a passion for working with and helping children
- Must have ability to bend, lift, run, stoop, kneel and be able to quickly transition from a seated floor position to standing position
- Must have ability to deal with moderate challenging behaviors
- Current certifications in CPR and First Aid as well as a current Child Abuse Clearance and FBI fingerprint/background check must be obtained before hire
This is a part-time independent contract position, with current openings between the hours of 3-6:30 M-F and Saturday 9-2:30 at our Wilmington, DE center. Additional openings exist for in-home sessions in the Middletown, DE area.
Brandywine Center for Autism will provide training and supervision to obtain Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification training to qualified candidates. Our center provides free supervision to student currently enrolled in an ABA graduate program and seeking BCBA certification.