The Brandywine Center for Autism is seeking Direct Therapists to join our growing team.
Official Title: Registered Behavior Technician
Post Date: 01/22/16
Under the leadership of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) are responsible for providing 1:1 interventions to children with autism and other developmental disabilities in a center, school or home-based environment. RBTs work to help increase a child’s academic, social and communication skills while also decreasing challenging behaviors by implementing programs based on all principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, including but not limited to Verbal Behavior, Discrete Trial Programming, Natural Environment Therapy and Social Skills Training. RBTs will also be responsible for data collection, training and collaboration with other team members as well as graphing data and writing session notes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct client therapy in one-on-one and group settings.
- Follow skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols as outlined by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Provide coverage for sessions and breaks as needed.
- Collect, record and summarize data based on client behavior
- Communicate with clients, parents, and caregivers regarding client daily progress.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients and co workers.
- All employees and contractors are expected to protect the client’s personal and medical information in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Strong communication skills to work with a diverse team.
- Energetic, animated, and outgoing, with a passion for working with and helping children.
- At least 1 year experience in a related field.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills and good customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills including using of google drive.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Remain in good standings with the BACB.
- Remain up to date with clearances (CPR/First Aid, TB, Fingerprints, etc)
- Hold Professional Liability Insurance.
- Registered Behavior Technician Certification or willingness to be trained and certified.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Attendance at a variety of work sites is required on an as needed basis (schools, home, community)
- Time off requests must be requested at least 10 business days in advance and are subject to supervisory approval
- The physical demands required are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Restraints (including mechanical restraints) are not permitted to be used without informed consent from the child’s parent/guardian and a formal assessment from the child’s BCBA. Only certified staff are permitted to use restraints.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com.